As a Loveland Fort Collins divorce and family law attorney, Roger Seat recognizes that family law matters are one of the most stressful life experiences his clients will experience especially when children are involved. At The Law Office of Roger Seat LLC, my role is to help you create and explore different options that will help you resolve potentially contentious issues caused by a divorce. I will explain each step in the process, share my knowledge of the legal system and help you weigh the costs and benefits of the different options so YOU have the information you need to make important decisions that will affect YOU. Whenever possible I seek amicable resolutions in order to reduce costs and stress for all family members. However, if needed, I can take your case to court and advocate for your best interests.
At the Law Office of Roger Seat LLC, I represent clients in all areas of family law and divorce including:
• Divorce: I help my clients navigate every step of the complex process of divorce in Colorado.
• Marital Property Division: Marital property includes assets and debts such as real estate, automobiles, furniture, bank accounts, securities, 401(k) accounts and pensions that a couple accumulates during their marriage.
• Maintenance (Alimony) and Spousal Support: Some of the factors considered by a court when deciding whether to award spousal support are the length of the marriage, the age of the parties and the income earning potential of the petitioning spouse. However, courts do no award spousal support in every case.
• Child Custody and Support: Child custody and visitation are known as parenting time in Colorado. Courts prefer to allow both parties to share custody unless there are strong reasons not to.
• Domestic violence proceedings and restraining orders: Accusations against you of spousal abuse can have serious consequences including jail time. Restraining orders are sometimes necessary to protect one of the parties involved in a divorce.
• Post-dissolution modification: I help my clients navigate post-divorce issues such as modification of child custody, child support and alimony orders.
If you are facing divorce or child custody issues, I can help. I invite you to contact my office for professional, knowledgeable, and caring legal counsel. To schedule a low cost initial consultation with a Loveland Fort Collins family law attorney call 970-663-9384 or fill out the contact form on this website.